This week marks the start of a four-month program that connects student entrepreneurs with the resources they need to launch and grow their business. The selected student companies will spend the summer taking their business to the next level with the help of mentorship and coaching from a dedicated advisor, as well as a network of peers. By the end of the program, participants will leave with a clear understanding of the ways their business has evolved, the growth they’ve made, and a roadmap of next steps.
The program will run virtually, meaning this cohort includes seven student companies from post-secondaries across Canada including Mount Royal University, University of Calgary, University of Victoria, University of Alberta and Ryerson University.
The companies in this cohort:
- Squillful: A marketplace that connects student talent with professional mentors to help them land their first role in Product.
- Chinook Aerosports: A Western Canadian disc golf startup here to create community driven products that improve the game and grow the sport.
- ProsPeer: Rethinking Campus Health. Guide to mental wellness, through peer support and mental health assessment.
- International Hub: An online community and database that contains sourced opportunities that empower Canadian and international students and early-career professionals to achieve their dream careers.
- Advocacy and Innovation in Child Prosthetics (AICP) Foundation: AICP Foundation serves to innovate and advocate for children requiring prosthetics.
- Deep10 Analytics: A data driven, applied deep learning service provider in financial research & quant analysis.
- Quest Climbing: Quest creates home climbing experiences for kids and adults.
Unique to this year’s cohort, the student companies will receive mentorship from alumni of Platform’s Junction Program. These founders will provide invaluable guidance and coaching throughout the duration of the program.
The group of advisors includes:
- Euan Thomson, Founder of Raft Brew Labs
- Shanika Abeysinghe, Founder of Bessie
- Jennifer van Zelm, Director of Destine Health
- Umair Tazeem, Founder of Embold
The Student Venture Advisory Program began on May 17 and will end with a Startup Showcase on August 25.Back