Ever wish there was a playbook to help grow your startup?
Junction is a 9-week residency program that helps startup entrepreneurs, like you, establish clear foundations for technology-driven businesses. Throughout the program, you will learn to develop and organize information that allows you to understand and articulate your company to anyone, clearly. As the program progresses, you will actively build a data room - an organized compilation of startup documents in a secure location - which acts as a backdrop to educate, inform, and understand all aspects of a startup business.
The program combines educational content with applied workshops and events to help your founding team work through various aspects of the business. In addition to foundational business issues, crucial topics for founders such as pitch coaching, building a board of advisors and mental wellness are integral parts of the Junction program. All programming supports the development of founders and focuses on building the company.
Each startup is guided by a dedicated Advisor and has access to entrepreneurs in residence throughout the program duration. The rigour of one-on-one work with Advisors helps you prioritize and focus on business activities, with the intent to establish a 12 to 18-month growth roadmap. As a result, founders complete the program better prepared to take advantage of accelerators and investment opportunities.
Fall 2021 Dates: September 27 - November 26, 2021
Schedule Overview (subject to minor changes)
Hosted at: *The Fall 2021 Junction program will be held virtually due to the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19. We will be exploring when and how we can gather in-person as we find out more.*
- Startups must commit to participate in the entirety of the program. Approximately 10hrs/week over 9 weeks.
- Programming occurs Monday-Thursday for roughly 2 hours each day starting at 9am (some exceptions apply).
- In addition to programming, founders will be required to meet with their dedicated advisor on a weekly basis.
- The Junction program is offered at no cost to participants.
July 7, 2021: Applications Open
Ongoing Applicant Interviews
August 29, 2021: Application Deadline (11:59PM MST)
August 23-September 6, 2021: Startup Selection and Notification
September 27, 2021: Program Start Date
November 26, 2021: Wrap-up & Next Steps
You are a first-time tech founder(s) and:
- Are working on your startup full-time
- Have a working Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Have an innovation-driven product and/or solution prototype
- Have some customer/market traction (early revenue, beta testers, partners, etc.)
- Are pre-seed investment, looking to raise money in the next 6-12 months
- Committed to learning, be coached, and move your company to the next level
The program is open to startup entrepreneurs around the globe and is currently being delivered virtually.
- Find your product/market fit
- Data Room set up
- Peer learning and accountability
- Well-rounded business foundation and knowledge to scale your startup
- Growth of your business and Advisor network
- Pitch development
- Prepare you to take full advantage of seed accelerators after graduation so you can hit the ground running
Words From Our Alumni
"This program has been instrumental in getting us organized as a biz. The data room assignment has forced a level or organization that I would have never achieved and also illuminated the stuff we have been missing."
- Jaime Wood, Fanoramas
“Junction has helped me focus on getting ready for our next round of investment and ensuring that we are ready to communicate the opportunity to potential investors. We’ve also identified a couple blind spots that we should be focused on, including establishing a Board of Directors now that we have raised money from friends & family.”
- Derrick Koenig, BoxOfDocs
"I’m enlightened and see my business in a completely new light. Particularly, I see how I cannot do this alone anymore. Now I have the skill sets and vision to strategically hire people or services to move forward. I now have a 2 year, battle tested, road map ahead of me and I now know how external parties measure the health of my business."
- Mike Grossman, PPEHQ
“Through Junction, I have been able to take my business from ideation to a business that is generating revenue and create a path for growth. The sessions each week are curated around the needs of the entrepreneurs first and allow us to be equipped for the challenges that we face on a day to day basis and ones that we will face for years to come.”
- Umair Tazeem, Embold